Sunday 29 May 2011

Welcome to the Palladian Republic!

First, allow me to apologise for the current state of my blog. It’s a work in progress and I haven’t got it tidied up yet.

In recent posts, Elusive Wapiti and OneSTDV have brought up the subject of the relentless negativity of the reactionary/HBD blogosphere. EW has committed to being more positive and constructive in his posts.

So, moving forward, I suspect I will dedicate more time and energy toward helping individual men and boys find the way. To humbly advise them in the way that I wish I had been advised in my youth, before I was forced to learn the hard way the lessons that billions of men had already learnt before me.

I will admit that I rather enjoy a bit of negativity but the fact is there are other things to think about in addition to the critique of modern, liberal society. It seems there is a niche for something like what I am proposing, not for Pollyanna optimism, which is certainly not my forte but for building up a consensus on civilised practices which is the subject of this blog.

The critique of liberal society is being well addressed by many blogs. Expanding their readership is a necessary task but I have seen repeated statements to the effect of, "what can I as an individual do?" Ultimately, the formation of real communities will be necessary but as a prelude, developing a positive sense of what we stand for and implementing it in our lives has the dual purpose of strengthening out immediate position in the society we in fact occupy and preparing us for building flesh and blood communities in the future. This is my small contribution. The answer to the question posed above is "become a fully civilised man."

I will be commencing a series of posts dealing initially with Time Management, Project Management, Planning and Logistics as applied at the personal level. This will not be the exclusive focus of the blog. As you can see from my masthead, I am aiming at a comprehensive treatment of civilised practices, an encyclopaedia, if you will. I hope these subjects will not be viewed as dull. I have a particular cultural take on these subjects that I think is a bit different from the usual approach and will make these subjects more engaging than reading a textbook.

I look forward to your participation.

No comments:

Post a Comment